Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Counting Down

ETA: As some of you know, I was concerned that the walk-through and settlement dates would conflict with my trip.  Our PM worked to get our walk-through moved so that I could be there.  As for settlement, we couldn't have the date changed because of the conditions of our loan.  I will just have to leave my trip a day early in order to go to settlement.

Hi Everyone!  It's been awhile since I have posted!  Jay and I took a break from visiting the house so often, but  I still have great news to report.

Our FINAL walkthrough is scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM!  I am so excited!!!  Closing will be on Friday, December 16, 2011 at 1:00 PM.

Oh, our PM mentioned that the GE stove that we were suppose to be getting is no longer being manufactured, so we are actually going to get an upgraded model :)  I'm excited to see what it looks like!

As our home building process is nearing completion, I have to say that our PM and our SR are two of the greatest representatives for Ryan Homes.  They have truly worked with us to ensure that we were happy customers. I've read and heard stories of PMs who didn't put the customer first or who didn't go the extra mile to make their customers happy, and I'm really grateful that our PM kept us in the loop with weekly phone calls (sometimes 2 calls/week).  As a piece of advice, if you feel that you aren't being updated with the details of your home construction, say something!  IT'S YOUR HOME, and YOU are paying for a service.  Ultimately, it's you and your family that has to live in the home, so you want to be sure that you are satisfied with everything.

At any rate, I will post pictures next week after the walkthrough.  Also, Jay and I have been thinking about getting an independent inspector to accompany us at the walkthrough...but we are unsure.  Suggestions??

Until next time, HAPPY BUILDING :)

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your dates! That means you'll be able to be there right?
    Can't wait to see pics. Especially of the kitchen :)
    As for the independent inspection, our contract states that it has to be 48 hours before the final walk through. Might be something to check if you want that inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Congrats on your closing date! You must be ecstatic. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's our walk through as well so we'll be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all!

    @Rachel, yes, I will now be able to attend! We are going to shop around for independent inspectors...if the price is right, we'll do it.

    @maryishness Awesome!!! When is closing for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you have to leave your trip early. Your SR and PM sounds great though and probably did as much as they can do. I had an independent inspection. Although we had a long punch list, most of the issues founds were fairly minor. I thought it was worth every penny though for having the peace of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for both of you, so glad your experience has been wonderful, it does sound like your PM is very attentive and is willing to work with you every step of the way. Seems like closing has gotten here so fast, seems like your journey just started (time flies when you are having fun), happy packing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratz! So happy for you both and I would most definetly hire an inspector our found stuff that we would never have noticed right away like some of the vents were connected to the intake duct which means it was sucking air out of the room instead of pumping air conditioning or heat into the room. I dont think we would have noticed until it was much to late. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SW & @Carlito, I am currently researching for an inspector--we are going to get it done for the peace of mind.

    @Rosita, yes! It feels like we started this process; I am excited, though, to move in! Not looking forward to packing :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Enjoy your trip...I think closing on a new home is good reason to end early vs. a big meeting at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the closing went smooth and fast - and that you had time to get some christmas decor up in the new house!! Congratulations guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jay and Danielle, I hope everything went well at closing and that your move is/has gone smoothly, can't wait to hear your update and see some pictures, shoot, this old woman might get some decorating ideas :). CONGRATULATIONS to both of you on this major accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully everything went well with closing and moving. Would love to get an update and see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete