Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Moment I've Been Waiting For!

Today we received a letter in the mail with the Ryan Home logo--I surely wasn't expecting anything, though.  Inside, we found that our pre-settlement walk-through is scheduled for December 13th at 12 Noon, and SETTLEMENT is scheduled for DECEMBER 16th at 1:00 PM!!!  I am soooo happy!!!  That is 48 days from now--my how time is flying!  However, after all this anticipation and anxiety, there is a problem...

I am scheduled to go on a vacation with my girlfriends during that week. I leave on December 9th and I return December 16th; my money is locked in the vacation, and we booked our get-away before Jay and I signed our contract on our home.  Is there any way to have the dates moved?!  I know this may sound crazy, but if any of you have needed to change your date, please help me out a little... I would like to move the walk-through to December 8th, and I would like closing to be moved to December 19th...I really don't know if this is possible. I know I have the right to execute a power of attorney, but I don't want to do that because I really want to be at closing.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back, was hoping the crash and burn hadn't put you in to much of a sour mood. No help on the pushing closing date issue, but, congratulations on finally receiving your closing date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never hurts to ask. That's always been my philosophy! Congrats on getting your closing date. Hope the timing all works out so that you can be there for the walk-through and closing :)

    ReplyDelete